Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Video Conferencing
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (Guest)
This document goes over how guests join a session and some troubleshooting.
Directions for Attendees:
- Click the link in the email to join the guest session
- Enter a name
- Click the purple tab on the bottom, right-hand side of the screen, it opens the chat window:
- The default, is to chat with everyone. Place cursor where it says "Say Something," type your question, and hit Return/Enter on the keyboard.
- Recommended: Do not encourage guests to use Audio/Video as it will take time away from the presentation for troubleshooting.
- If guests are using hospital WIFI, we will not be able to troubleshoot with those IT departments in a timely fashion, so using the chat function for questions will be the compromise
- General troubleshooting: Article that goes over some common troubleshooting tips
- Oops, something went wrong: probably network connection troubleshooting
- Audio/Video not working properly in Chrome: check to make sure your speakers aren't muted.
- More on Audio/Video: A more detailed look at which buttons to click
- Flash-based Browser Support: audio/video not connecting, and speakers, microphone are working properly
- Search Blackboard's Knowledge Base