Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Kentico - Using Anchor Links
This document details how to create an anchor link in the Kentico software. An anchor link, also known as a named anchor or a bookmark link, is a hyperlink within a web page that allows you to jump to a specific section of the same page. This is commonly used for creating table of contents, navigation menus, or simply providing an easy way for users to navigate to different parts of a long web page.
- Navigate to the target content (or where you want the user to go when they select the link.)
- Click the gear icon to open the widget properties.
- Enter the Anchor ID. This adds an ID attribute to this element to give it a unique identifier.
- Make the Anchor ID short and descriptive.
- Don't use spaces or special characters.
- For example: careers.
- Once the Anchor ID has been set, insert a link or edit an existing link that will take users to the target section.
- In the link URL field, enter a hashtag symbol (#) followed by the ID of the target element that you entered above.
- Click Save.
If you're linking to an anchor from a different page, link to the page like you normally would, but append the URL path with the hashtag symbol (#) followed by the ID of the target element. For example: /business/about#careers.