Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Network / File Shares
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Printing
Entering a user code for a Ricoh printer in Windows 10
This document shows how to enter a job code for a Ricoh printer in Windows 10.
1. Type one of the following into the Cortana search bar and add "\printername" to the end; for example, the following printer is located on the UW-Green Bay main campus: \\fpsd\CIRIC183. Press "Enter."
| Green Bay Campus||\\fpsd|
| Manitowoc Campus||\\man-print-1|
| Marinette Campus||\\mnt-print-1|
| Sheboygan Campus|| \\shb-print-1|
2. From the printer queue, go to Printer and select "Printing preferences."
1. Navigate to the Control Panel page by searching for "Control Panel" in the search bar located on the left side of the Windows task bar.
2. Click the "View devices and printers."
3. Right click on the printer and select "Printing preferences."
4. If the printer has a "Detailed Settings" tab, go to step 4a. If it as a "Valid Access" tab, go to 4b.
Navigate to the "Detailed Settings" tab. From there, under "Menu," there should be a "Job Setup" option. Upon selecting "Job Setup," input your 4-digit user code and hit "Apply." If you are unsure of your user code, please contact the Help Desk. If you have not been assigned a user code, please contact your supervisor.
Click on the "Valid Access" tab, type in your user code, and click "Apply." Then click "OK" to exit.
Your job code will now be saved in the printer's settings and your printer should be ready for use.