Outlook - Errors and Modifying the Start Menu in Windows 10
***NOTE: If there is an Outlook icon (gray or blue) in the notification area of the task bar, Outlook is not done closing and you should not log out/restart/shut down your system.***
1. To log in, do "Ctrl-Alt-Delete," and sign in using your UWGB credentials.
2. To sign out, you can also use "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and select "Sign Out."
3. An alternative method is as follows:
1. Select the Windows menu icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
2. Select the user icon.
3. Select "Sign Out."
1. Navigate to the Start menu and then search for a program in the search bar at the bottom of the screen. It may take a minute to search, especially if this is the first time yo hve used it or if you have recently installed the program.
2. If the application you're searching for is installed on your machine, it will appear under Best match or Apps. If it's a file, it will be found underneath a Folders or Documents tab.
3. If it is not installed, you can search for the software online under Search suggestions.
1. Dragging icons from the jump list to the Start menu will pin them to your taskbar, and the shortcuts will then show up on your Start menu.
2. You can also add/remove pinned items from your Start menu by doing the following:
1. Select the Windows menu icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Right click on the program you wish to pin/unpin.
3. Select "Pin/Unpin from Start."