Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
QuickAccess - Using Links Instead of Mapped Drives
This document details how to use Quick Access instead of mapping a drive or drives so your drives follow you across campus.
1. Navigate to File Explorer on the task bar or start menu.
2. Select the search bar in Quick Access.
3. Enter the location of the mapped drive (ex. \\fpsa\compserv$), and then press Enter.
4. Drag the location onto Quick Access.
5. The new link will now appear in your list of quick access links (bottom position) once the process has been completed. You may drag items into whatever order of items you'd like.
***NOTE: in Windows 10, you will not be able to rename the quick access links.***