Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Shared Drives
Map Drive on Windows 10
This document covers how to map a network share/share drive on Windows 10 and higher.
- Navigate to File Explorer on the task bar or start menu.
- Select "This PC" on the left side.
- Select "Computer" at the top.
- Click on "Map Network Drive."
- Select the desired letter for the drive and enter the correct file path (e.g. \\fpsa\compserv$). Ensure that the boxes are checked/unchecked as shown:
- Click "Finish" to map the share.
- The drive will now appear under "This PC" with your other drives (see step 2).
If you receive the error message below, the file path is incorrect or the user does not have access to the share.
If you are mapping your home directory (M drive), use the following paths:
Staff: \\fpsa\u\username The letter is the first letter of your last name.
Student workers: \\fpsa\studentworkers$\username
Students: \\fpsb\u\username The letter is the first letter of your last name.