Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Windows 10 - Mapping Drives
This document details how to map a network share/share drive on Windows 10 and higher.
Mac - Connecting to Network Shares
***NOTE: To learn about mapping your M: Drive (home directory), see this KB: Windows 10 - Mapping M: Drives (Home Directory)***
1. Navigate to File Explorer on the task bar or start menu.
2. In File Explorer:
1. Select "This PC" on the left side.
3. Select "Computer" at the top.
3. Select "Map Network Drive."
4. In Map Network Drive:
1. Select the desired letter for the drive.
2. Enter the correct file path (Ex: \\fpsa\compserv$).
3. Make sure only the Reconnect at sign-in checkbox is checked.
4. Select "Finish."
The drive will now appear under This PC with your other drives.
***NOTE: If you receive the error message below, the file path is incorrect or the user does not have access to the share.***