Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Windows OS
How to Forget a Wireless Network on Windows 10
If you're having issues with a wireless network, forgetting it and reconnecting will often solve the issue. Also if you connected to a network and you don't want it to automatically connect anymore, forgetting it will stop that.
1. Click on the wireless icon on the lower right hand corner of your screen and select "Network & Internet settings"
2. Next click on "Wi-fi" from the window that pops up
3. Click on "Manage Known networks"
4. Next click on the network you'd like to forget and then click "Forget"
Alternative Method for Forgetting Wireless Networks Using Command Prompt:
You can remove any wireless network profile stored by Windows 10, even if the network is not in range, with the help of Command Prompt.
2. Type the following command: netsh wlan show profiles.