Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Kentico - Updating Faculty & Staff Rosters
Don't repurpose linked pages. It’s very important that you don't rename a person’s page and swap out their information. The page might be linked someplace else. The new person might not fill all the same roles that as their predecessor and the page URL will continue to have the previous person’s name.
Faculty & Staff (Widget & Linked Pages)
This widget automatically populates the faculty/staff roster on the contact us page with content from the contact child pages. In order for people to appear in the roster, you must first add Faculty/Staff Member pages under the page on which this widget is placed. Add at least one person's page to have them show up here.
- In a default section, add the Faculty & Staff widget to the page.
- Click Save.
- In the content tree on the left, click the contact us page under which the Faculty/Staff Member linked page(s) should be placed.
- Click the plus sign on the top, left of the screen (above the site tree).
- 5. Click Link to an existing page on the right side of the screen.
- Browse to Directory > People and search for the name of the person you’d like to add. If their page doesn’t exist, it will need to be created. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the name to select.
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for each Faculty/Staff Member you want to add.
- With all the Faculty/Staff Members selected, click Link.
- The Faculty/Staff pages will be added as child link pages to the site tree. Their portraits and contact information will automatically populate the Faculty & Staff Widget.
Because faculty and staff are placed with linked pages, editing and updating can be complicated. If you don’t feel confident, just email email@example.com to request help.