Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services
Topics Map > Instructional Resources
How to Make a Contact Page in WordPress
This document walks users through how to create a page where someone can "email" you from your portfolio.
Part of having a portfolio is giving your audience a way to get in touch with you (and since you don't have that kind of information on your digital résumé for web safety reasons: phone number, home address)--we can make a page that encourages people to get in touch with you.
Click "Add New"
- It'll be well documented (because a lot of people have installed it).
- It'll be updated regularly
- It'll be easy to find resources about how to use it
Make sure to click "Install Now" and then click "Activate:"
To change the form or settings for the form click, "Settings"
To change the email address that the form sends to, click the "Mail" tab:
Once you've finished changing the email to one of your choice, copy the shortcode (This shortcode, will reference the "form" once you've put the short-code on a page or a post). The shortcode is in the blue rectangle.
- Add a page title,
- Switch to the text view,
- Paste in the shortcode,
- Then click Publish.
- Tick the box next to the newly created page called "Contact"
- Click Add to Menu >> Move the page where you want it to be in order (click on the page, and it'll turn the cursor into the four directional arrow, then it'll put a dotted-rectangle around the area the page will sit)
- Click Save