Adjust Default Volume Levels in Windows 10
This KB shows you how to adjust the default settings for speakers in Windows 10 so that the volume can be turned up higher. Please check these settings before providing new speakers or passing any incidents to ATS, etc.
1. Right-click on the sound icon on the bottom right section of the task bar.
2. Click "Playback Devices" from the available options.
3. Right click on "Speakers" or whatever the name for the correct device/device in question is.
4. Click "Properties," and then the "Levels" tab.
5. Make sure that the audio output slider and any input sliders are all the way up/to the right, and not muted.
6. Click "Ok" to exit. Also click "Ok" on the sound window once you've exited the first window.