Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > SPSS
SPSS Installation V25 Instructions for Windows
This document covers how to install SPSS on Windows.
Windows: Windows 7 or newer
At this time, SPSS is not supported on the Chrome OS/Chromebook.
1. Please click the following link to download the most current SPSS software and license. http://www.uwgb.edu/spss. This page will prompt you to log in. Please use your complete campus email and password.
2. Copy the authorization code on the page for later use. Then, click the download for Windows link and save the file to your computer.
3. Navigate to the downloads folder of your PC. There, you will find the .zip file of the SPSS install. This needs to be decompressed to perform the install. To do so, right click on the .zip file and use the Extract All command. When the extract window appears, use the defaults and click the Extract button.
4. With the files now extracted, open the 64 bit folder, then right click on IBM_SPSS_Statistics_25.msi and click on Install.
5. Click on Next and accept the terms of the install. Click Next.
6. Select Yes to install Essentials for Python. Then click Next.
7. Click I accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next.
8. Use the default install location and click Next. Then, click Install and wait for it to complete. During the install, a command box may pop up and will run through a list of commands. This is normal.
9. After the install, make sure the "Start IBM SPSS Statistics 25 License Authorization Wizard" box is checked and select Finish
10. Go to the Cortana search bar and type in SPSS. Click on IBM SPSS Statistics 25 License Authorization Wizard.
11. Select Next. When it asks for which way to authorize the product, select Authorized user license then click Next.
12. Enter the authorization code copied previously.
13. Click on Next. You will see a message that says Authorization succeeded. Click on Next and then Finish. Go into your programs through your start button and search for the IBM SPSS Statistics 25. Double click on this icon and the application will open.
***If you have done all of the above steps and SPSS will not open when you click on it, please try the steps within the following link: