Skype Meetings with Skype for Business
Follow these steps to send a Skype meeting to an attendee as well as how to set up the attendee's call.
Meeting Organizer Setup:
1) Organizer MUST be signed into "Skype for Business" in order for the "New Skype Meeting" option to work in Outlook.
2) Open the Outlook app and switch to the Outlook calendar. From the "Home" tab, select "New Skype Meeting". If you do not see this button, your Skype add-in for Outlook has been disabled, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
3) Enter the meeting requirements, and the email address of each attendee.
1) Attendees will find the meeting request within their email inbox. Either accept or decline the meeting and then at the appropriate time, select "Join Skype Meeting". A protected Skype site will open in your web browser.
2) Once you are at the Skype site, a box will appear asking to either "Install and join with Skype Meetings App (web)" or "Join with Skype for Business (desktop)." We suggest using Skype Meetings App (web) as it is quick and has little setup required.
3) Once the download is complete, you will have to open and run the downloaded file: (Look for the Skypemeetingsapp.msi file in the lower left of your screen; right-click and select OPEN to install this file. After this, enter your name in the given field (see below) then select "Join" and you will automatically be added to the call.
NOTE: If you need to share your screen during the meeting, you must sign in to your UWGB Office 365 account before joining. There is a link to sign in to your account below the "Join" button.
NOTE: If prompted by Firewall Security to change settings, simply click on "Allow Access". If you do not have administrator privileges on the computer your are using, you may cancel or close the firewall dialog and the program will still function.
4) Set options for Video and or Audio. Turn on your camera to let others in the meeting see you. It is best practice to keep your microphone muted while you are just listening to help avoid echo or unnecessary noise.
Skype Meetings can also be scheduled via Outlook Web Access. Please see this document on Microsoft's support page: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-an-online-meeting-in-outlook-b8305620-d16e-4667-989d-4a977aad6556#OS_Type=Web