Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
VoIP - Using Single Number Reach on Cisco Phones
***NOTE: Prior to using this feature, please contact the GBIT Service Desk and let them know you would like "To activate Single Number Reach on your Cisco phone." Provide the Service Desk with your cellphone number and office phone extension.***
Activating Single Number Reach will allow a call to your office phone line to also ring on your alternate destination (e.g. a cell phone).
1. Answer your cell phone.
2. Listen for the prompt to “Press any digit…” then press any digit on your cell phone keypad.
3. You now have the call on your cell phone.
If you are on a call and want to move the call back to your office phone, hang up the cell phone and press the flashing red button next to the corresponding call on your office phone’s display.
1. If you are on a call in your office and want to move the call to your cell phone:
1. Press the more button “..” on your phone.
2. Press "Mobility."
3. Choose your cell number from the list and press "Select."
2. Answer your cell phone.
3. Listen for the prompt to “Press any digit…” then press any digit on your cell phone keypad.
4. You now have the call on your cell phone.
The default activation for Single Number Reach is 24/7. To set an alternate schedule when office calls are sent to your cellphone.
1. Navigate to phone.uwgb.edu.
2. Log in with your campus credentials.
3. Navigate to Additional Phones
1. Select the gear icon and select "edit."
2. In the Edit Additional Phone box select “Create a schedule for this assignment."
4. Create a schedule and select "Save."
If you have any questions, contact the GBIT Service Desk at (920) 465 - 2309 or email@example.com.