Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts
eduroam - Connecting on Linux Distro
This document details how to connect your Linux device to eduroam.
Connecting to eduroam
1. Select the Network icon in the System Tray and select "eduroam."
2. In the dialogue box, set Wireless Security to "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise."
3. Set Authentication to "Protected EAP (PEAP)."
4. Ensure Anonymous Identity is left blank.
5. Set CA Certificate to "None."
6. Set PEAP Version to "Version 0."
7. Set Inner Authentication to "MSCHAPv2."
8. Provide your university username followed by @uwgb.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Enter your password, then select the "Connect" button.
9. In the new dialogue box, select the "Don't warn me again" checkbox, then select "Ignore."
10. After a brief wait, your computer will connect to eduroam.