Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts > Email
Outlook - Exporting and Importing Contact Lists on Mac
This document details how to import and export Outlook contacts on a Mac as an .olm file.
1. Assign your contact list a color or category.
2. Navigate to the Tools tab and select "Export."
3. Select the category for the contact list and export the category only as an .olm file.
4. Once the file is exported, it is ready to be sent as an attachment.
1. Once the file is received, the recipient must import the .olm file using the "Import" button under Tools.
2. In the Import box:
1. Select "Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm)."
2. Select "Continue."
3. Locate the .olm file and select "Import."
***NOTE: Imported items appear on the navigation panes under On My Computer, so make sure it is checked.***