Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Making Ad Hoc Conference Calls From a PC When Using the Cisco Jabber Application (Windows 10)
This document contains instructions for adding participants to a call to create an ad hoc conference call when using the Cisco Jabber application to make calls from a PC.
You can perform up to 6-way ad hoc conference calls with the Cisco Jabber software by following the procedure below. Connecting large ad hoc conference calls can be time consuming and difficult to manage, so for any conference calls involving more than 3 or 4 lines, it is recommended to use a Conference Now conference line instead. Please see Using Conference Now for On-Demand Conference Calls.
1. Place a call to the first number from the Cisco Jabber application and wait for the line to answer. For basic Cisco Jabber instructions, see Jabber - Making Phone Calls From a PC With the Cisco Jabber Application (Windows 10).
2. Click the "More" button in the black call controls bar and select "Conference" to expand the window to include the conference call control panel.
3. Type the second number you wish to dial in the "Add participants" bar and click the green call button (the call button is gray until a number is typed in the box). Remember to type an "8" before the number when dialing an off-campus number. NOTE: New versions of Jabber do not have a call button, you instead place the call by pressing ENTER on your keyboard after typing the phone number.
4. Once the call to the second line is being placed, the first line is placed on hold. Once the second line answers, the text "Waiting to join" will appear under its number in the conference control panel. Click the green door "Join Conference" button next to the line's number to connect all of the participants together in-conference.
5. Once in-conference, you can add additional users to the call by repeating steps 3-4.
6. Individual lines can be removed from the call by right-clicking the line's number in the conference call control panel and selecting "Remove."
7. Hang up on all lines by clicking the red "End Call" button in the black call controls bar.