Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Accounts > Email
Outlook - Forward an Email as an Attachment
This article shows how to forward an email as an attachment in either desktop Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
On occasion, it may become necessary or desirable to forward an e-mail to someone else as an attachment. In particular, faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to use this method for reporting spam or phishing to email@example.com. Doing so provides a host of useful information about where the message came from and how it got to UWGB. Below are instructions on how to forward a message as an attachment through either the desktop version of Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
1. Select the email you wish to forward as an attachment from the message list.
2. If you're not already there, navigate to the "Home" tab of the ribbon:
3. From the "More" drop down menu to the right of the "Reply and "Forward" buttons, select Forward as Attachment:
4. Address the new message as desired, then click Send.
Outlook Web Access (OWA):
1. Find the email to be forwarded in the message list.
2. Create a new email and address it as desired.
3. Without selecting it, drag and drop the message to be forwarded from the message list to the body of the new email:
4. Select Send.