Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Microsoft Office
OneDrive - UWGB User Guide
Uploading Files or Folders to OneDrive
Saving a File to OneDrive
Creating a Document from OneDrive UWGB
Creating and Saving a Document from an Office Desktop Application
Sharing a File in OneDrive
OneDrive UWGB is a cloud-based storage platform; it is UWGB's version of OneDrive for Business. OneDrive UWGB is different from OneDrive Personal, which is intended for personal storage separate from your workplace. OneDrive UWGB is also different from your SharePoint team site, which is intended for storing team (i.e. departmental) or project-related documents.
All students and faculty/staff are allotted 1 TB of storage in OneDrive UWGB. Documents and folders can be shared with other UWGB students or faculty/staff; they can also be accessed on-the-go through the OneDrive app, downloadable from Google Play and the App Store.
1. To use One Drive UWGB, login to the Office 365 Portal by navigating to https://portal.microsoftonline.com.
2. You will then be prompted with a Microsoft sign-In box. Enter your full UWGB email address.
3. You will be redirected to the UWGB login screen where your email address should be filled in the box. Enter your password.
You can store over 300 types of files on OneDrive.
With Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome
1. In OneDrive:
1. Select "Upload."
2. Select "Files" or "Folder."
2. Select the files or folder you want to upload.
With Other Browsers
1. Select "Upload."
2. Select the files you want to upload
3. Select "Open."
If you don't see Upload > Folder, create a folder, and then upload the files to that folder.
1. From within the Office application you're using, select "File."
2. In the File menu:
1. Select "Save a Copy."
2. Select "OneDrive - Personal."
3. Select "Enter file name here," and type a name.
4. If you want to save to another folder, select "Browse," and select the folder you want.
5. Select "Save."
1. Select "New."
2. Choose the type of document you want to create.
1. Select "File."
2. Select "New."
1. When you're ready to save, select "File."
2. Select "Save As."
3. Select "OneDrive UWGB."
4. Give the file a name and select "Save."
1. Pick the file or folder you want to share. You may pick multiple items and share them together.
2. Select "Share."
3. Select one of the following options:
a. People in UWGB with the link: Gives anyone in our organization who has the link access to the file or folder.
b. People with existing access: Can be used by people who already have access to the document or folder. Use this if you want to send a link to someone who can already access the document.
c. Specific people: Gives access only to the people you specify; these people must be in our organization. The people you specify will receive an email welcoming them to your shared document.
***NOTE: To only allow others to view your files, be sure to leave Allow editing unchecked.***
***NOTE: When sharing, it is best for the original owner to share documents with others. Things go awry when a document shared with another is being shared by the recipient.***