Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services
Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Create Sandbox Template Courses in Canvas
This document can show instructors how to create a sandbox course in Canvas. A Canvas sandbox course, previously known as a "master" course, is a place for instructors to create, test, and develop course content outside of an active instructional course.
1. Navigate to the UWGB Canvas page: https://www.uwgb.edu/canvas
2. Click on Canvas Login
3. Choose your institution (UW-Green Bay)
4. Sign in using your UWGB username and password
5. Click on the Help button in the Global Navigation bar
6. Click the link called "Create a Sandbox Course"
7. If you do not have this link, try navigating your browser to https://uwgby.instructure.com before repeating steps 5-6. If you still do not see the "Create a Sandbox Course" link, please email DLE@UWGB.EDU
8. Fill out the form to create a sandbox course
- Enter a Course Name
- Enter the same thing for Course Code, or a shorter version
- Choose a Department
- Click Create Course
10. To create another sandbox course, repeat step 8
11. Your sandbox template courses will be available either via your Canvas Dashboard or within the Courses --> All Courses list.