Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas - How to Sign In
This document details the steps required to sign into Canvas at UW-Green Bay.
In order to sign into Canvas, a person needs:
- An active campus account (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To know their UWGB email address and password.
To sign in:
- Navigate to UWGB's Canvas website at https://www.uwgb.edu/canvas.
- Click the green Canvas Login button.
- If prompted to "select your organization," select your institution's main campus and click Go. Users from all UW-Green Bay campus locations should select UW-Green Bay.
- Enter your UW-Green Bay email address and password then click Sign in.
- Verify your identity by choosing your account type (Student or Faculty and Staff) then completing the onscreen instructions.
Potential problems signing in:
- Depending on web browser settings, old login credentials can be stored and result in an error logging in. It may be necessary to clear your browser's cache, cookies, and saved passwords. For instructions, please refer to these help articles.
- Entering incorrect credentials. To verify if this is the case, try logging into your campus email or other campus services. They all use the same username and password, and can be a useful method to check before proceeding with more troubleshooting. If you cannot log into any UWGB network service, please reset your password or contact the UWGB IT Service Desk.
- A campus account is not created yet. In order to sign into Canvas using the main UWGB sign-on portal, one needs a UWGB.EDU email address. If you are a new instructor and do not have your UWGB network account yet, please contact your department or Human Resources. If you enrolled in a Continuing Education Canvas course and registered for Canvas using a non-UWGB email address, use the alternative UW Continuing Education Student Sign In Portal.