Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas - How to Sign In
This document details the steps required for UW-Green Bay Students, Faculty, and Staff to sign into Canvas at UW-Green Bay.
***NOTE: In order to sign into Canvas, a person needs both an active campus account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and to know their UW-Green Bay email address and password.***
Steps to Sign In to Canvas
- Navigate to UWGB's Canvas website at https://www.uwgb.edu/canvas.
- Select "Canvas Login."
- If prompted to "select your organization," select your institution's main campus and select "Go." Users from all UW-Green Bay campus locations should select "UW-Green Bay."
- Enter your UW-Green Bay email address and password then select "Sign in."
- Verify your identity by choosing your account type (Student or Faculty and Staff) then completing the onscreen instructions.
Potential problems signing in
- Corrupted browser cookies and/or expired saved login credentials can result in an error message when logging in to Canvas (for example, "Bad Request - Header Field Too Long"). It may be necessary to clear your browser's cache, cookies, and saved passwords to resolve these errors. Please refer to these help articles on clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
- Entering incorrect credentials. To verify if this is the case, try logging into your campus email or other campus services. They all use the same username and password, and can be a useful method to check before proceeding with more troubleshooting. If you cannot log into any UWGB network service, please reset your password or contact the UWGB IT Service Desk.
- A campus account is not created yet. In order to sign into Canvas using the main UWGB sign-on portal, one needs a UWGB.EDU email address. If you are a new instructor and do not have your UWGB network account yet, please contact your department or Human Resources. If you enrolled in a Continuing Education Canvas course and registered for Canvas using a non-UWGB.EDU email address, sign in using the alternative UW Continuing Education Student Sign In Portal.