Topics Map > Instructional Technology > Canvas
Canvas - How to Login
This document illustrates the steps required to log into Canvas.
In order to log into Canvas, a person needs:
- An active campus account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- To know their username (first part of email address) and password
To log in:
- Navigate to DLE page, http://www.uwgb.edu/dle
- Select your campus and click Go. Branch campuses should select their "main" campus. Ex. UW-Marinette -> UW-Green Bay
- Enter your campus username and password. Your username is the first part of your email. Then, click Login.
Potential problems logging in:
- Depending on web browser settings, old login credentials can be stored and result in an error logging in. To clear old saved passwords, please refer to these help articles (https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/search.php?q=clear+cache).
- Entering incorrect credentials. To verify if this is the case, try logging into your campus email or other campus services. They all use the same username and password, and can be a useful method to check before proceeding with more troubleshooting.
- A campus account is not created yet. In order to log into Canvas, one needs a campus account. If you're a new instructor and do not have your account yet, please contact your department or Human Resources.