Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
VPN - SafeConnect VPN Connection Instructions for Windows
This document details instructions on how to connect from your personal device to your university assigned workstation (PC only).
Windows - Switching out of S Mode in Windows 10
VPN - User Guide
***NOTE: Use this if you have a personal Windows 10 PC and want to remotely connect to your Windows 10 PC on campus.***
***NOTE: If you have a UWGB laptop, this does not apply to you.***
***NOTE: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and will not work with SafeConnect VPN.***
1. From a browser, navigate to https://safeconnect.uwgb.edu.
2. Login with your UWGB Account.
3. Authenticate with Duo.
4. Select the appropriate version of Global Protect and select "Save File."
5. Navigate to your downloads directory and double-click the GlobalProtect installer to begin installation.
***NOTE: If you see the screen below, consult the following documentation: Windows - Switching out of S Mode in Windows 10 .***
6. At the installer Welcome screen, select "Next".
7. Select the default installation location and select "Next."
8. In the confirm installation box select "Next."
9. If you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, select "Yes."
10. When the Installation complete box appears, select "Close."
11. In the Welcome to GlobalProtect box in the lower right corner, enter "safeconnect.uwgb.edu" under “Please enter your portal address."
***NOTE: If this box does not appear, search for "global protect" from the search bar and select "open."***
12. Select "Connect."
13. Sign into the GlobalProtect login box with your UW – Green Bay credentials.
14. You may be prompted to Duo authenticate.
15. When successfully authenticated, you will see a globe icon with a check mark in the icon tray. Alternatively, you can search for "global protect" in the Cortana search bar and click it to open. A box should show up in the lower right indicating you are connected.
***NOTE: To continue on to connecting to your computer, following the instructions from the following article: Remote Desktop Connection.***