Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Macintosh
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Installing Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
This document outlines the procedure for installing Remote Dekstop Connection for Mac. Be sure to contact the Help Desk for Remote Desktop privileges before installing.
Note: This only works to remote to your Windows 10 campus PC. This will not work to remotely connect to a campus Mac.
1. Open the App Store
2. Search for Remote Desktop 10
3. Get Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. Note: This may require an Apple ID and password to install.
4. Click Open.
5. Select Not Now on the Microsoft Remote Desktop pop-up.
6. Select Continue.
7. Select OK to allow microphone access.
8. Select OK to allow camera access.
9. Select Add PC.
10. In the PC name field, enter the GB number of your campus computer (e.g. GB811007.uwgb.edu).
11. Select Add.
12. Double click on your PC profile.
13. Select Connect (you may check the "Don't ask me again for this PC" if you would like).
14. Enter your UWGB email and password and select Continue.
You should now be connected to your campus computer.