Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Cisco Jabber Setup for Android
This document outlines how setup Cisco Jabber on an Android Device.
1. Before using the Cisco Jabber Mobile Client, the IT Department will have to configure phone systems to allow access from your personal device. Please notify the UWGB IT Help Desk if you intend to use Cisco Jabber on a mobile device, and confirm what OS your device is using. (i.e. Android or iPhone).
2. Open the Google Play Store App.
3. Search for Cisco Jabber and click "Install". When finished, the icon will change from "Install" to "Open".
4. Once the app finishes installing, open it, read the notice, and click "Accept".
5. Swipe through the introduction screen and select "Get Started".
6. When asked to Allow Cisco Jabber access to contacts, phone calls, files, and audio, click "Allow".
7. Type in your UWGB email address and password and click continue.
8. It may ask you to log in using biometric authentication. This feature is optional.
9. Cisco Jabber will open. There will be multiple buttons along the bottom of the screen. In the picture below, the "Calls" screen is open. From here you can click on the clue keypad on the bottom right-hand corner to dial a number. It will work the same as if you were making a call on your office computer.
10. Below is an example of the screen that comes up while you are on an active call. It includes, from left to right, mute, video on/off, keypad, more options, and hang up.