Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Setup for Android
This document details how setup Cisco Jabber on an Android Device.
Jabber - Setup for iOS
Jabber - Making Phone Calls From a PC With the Cisco Jabber Application (Windows 10)
***NOTE: Before using the Cisco Jabber Mobile Client, the IT Department will have to configure phone systems to allow access from your personal device. Please notify the GBIT Service Desk if you intend to use Cisco Jabber on a mobile device, and confirm what OS your device is using (e.g. Android or iPhone).***
1. Open the Google Play Store App.
2. Search for Cisco Jabber and select "Install."
3. When finished, the icon will change from Install to Open. Select "Open."
Setting Up the App
1. Read the notice, and select "Accept."
2. Swipe through the introduction screen and select "Get Started."
3. When asked "Allow Cisco Jabber to access your contacts?," select "Allow."
4. It will ask you to sign in.
1. Enter in your UWGB credentials.
2. Select "Continue."
5. It may ask you to log in using Biometric authentication.
***NOTE: This feature is optional. If you wish to use Biometric authentication, select "OK." Otherwise, select "Cancel."
6. Cisco Jabber will now open. Along the bottom of the screen, there are multiple options you can access. In the Calls screen, select the keypad icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to dial a number.
Example Call Screen
Below is an example of the screen that comes up while you are on an active call. It includes:
2. Video on/off
4. More Options
5. Hang Up