Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Setup for iOS
This document details how setup Cisco Jabber on an iOS Device.
Before using the Cisco Jabber Mobile Client, the IT Department will have to configure out phone systems to allow access from your personal device. Please notify the GBIT Service Desk if you intend to use Cisco Jabber on a mobile device, and confirm what OS your device is using. (i.e. Android or iPhone).
1. On your iOS device, open the App Store.
2. Select the Search Bar icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Search for "Cisco Jabber" within the App Store and select the first search result.
4. Select "Get." Sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
5. When the app has finished installing, select "Open."
Setting Up the App
1. When asked if Jabber can access your contacts, select "OK."
2. When asked if Jabber can send you notifications, select "Allow."
3. Read the Notices and License Terms and select "Accept."
4. Swipe left and select "Get Started Now" on the next screen.
5. When asked if Jabber can access the microphone, select "OK."
6. It will ask you to sign in.
1. Enter in your UWGB Credentials.
2. Select "Continue."
7. It may ask you to log in using Biometric authentication.
***NOTE: This feature is optional. If you wish to use Biometric authentication, select "OK." Otherwise, select "Cancel."
For more information, navigate to the following link: Quick Start Guide.