Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Setup for iOS
This document outlines how setup Cisco Jabber on an iOS Device.
1. Before using the Cisco Jabber Mobile Client, the IT Department will have to configure phone systems to allow access from your personal device. Please notify the UWGB IT Help Desk if you intend to use Cisco Jabber on a mobile device, and confirm what OS your device is using (e.g. Android or iPhone).
2. Open the Google Play Store App.
3. Search for Cisco Jabber and select Install. When finished, the icon will change from Install to Open.
4. Once the app finishes installing, open it, read the notice, and select Accept.
5. Swipe through the introduction screen and select Get Started.
6. When asked to Allow Cisco Jabber access to contacts, phone calls, files, and audio, choose Allow.
7. Type in your UWGB email address and password and select Continue.
8. It may ask you to log in using bio-metric authentication. This feature is optional.
9. Cisco Jabber will open. There will be multiple buttons along the bottom of the screen. In the picture below, the Calls screen is open. From here you can select the clue keypad on the bottom right-hand corner to dial a number. It will work the same as if you were making a call on your office computer.
10. Below is an example of the screen that comes up while you are on an active call. It includes from left to right: mute, video on/off, keypad, more options, and hang up.
If Cisco Jabber has not yet been installed on your computer, it can be installed via the Software Center. Please see this document for instructions: Software Center
Before you start, make sure there is a microphone connected to the computer you are using. It can be a discrete microphone or one built-in to a USB webcam.
1. Launch the Cisco Jabber desktop application from the Windows Start Menu.
2. Enter your UW-Green Bay username and password in the appropriate fields and click "Sign In."
3. Click the phone icon in the lower left corner of the Jabber window (circled in red in the image below) to open the Phone Controls menu and select "Use my computer for calls." (If this setting is not changed, Jabber will initiate calls from your desk phone and not the PC).
4. If you have multiple microphones or speakers plugged into your computer, you can select "Audio Options..." in this Phone Controls menu to select which speakers and microphone to use in your calls.
5. Type the phone number you wish to call in the "Search or Call Bar" (highlighted with a blue box in the image below). Type out the number as you would dial it from your office desk phone. For example, you must type an "8" in front of the phone number to reach an outside line just like you have to dial "8" from your office phone.
6. Click the green Call button to the right of the Search or Call Bar to start your call. (Note: the button is grayed out until a number is typed in the Search or Call Bar).
7. Once in a call, you can use the buttons in the black call controls bar to open an on-screen keypad for number entry, mute your microphone, and adjust the volume of your speakers. Clicking the "More" button reveals options for placing the call on hold, transferring the call, or adding more lines to the call ("Conference").
8. To hang up, click the red End Call button.
1. Before using the Cisco Jabber Mobile Client, the IT Department will have to configure out phone systems to allow access from your personal device. Please notify the UWGB IT Help Desk if you intend to use Cisco Jabber on a mobile device, and confirm what OS your device is using. (i.e. Android or iPhone).
2. On your iOS device, open the App Store.
3. Search for "Cisco Jabber" within the App Store.
4. Install the app. Sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
5. When the app has finished installing, tap Open or launch the Jabber app from the Home screen.
6. When asked if Jabber can access your contacts, tap OK.
7. When asked if Jabber can send you notifications, tap Allow.
8. Read the notices and license terms and tap Accept.
9. Swipe left and tap Get Started Now on the next screen.
10. A message will display asking you to let Jabber access the microphone. Tap OK.
11. Type in your UWGB email address and password and tap Continue.
It is optional to configure bio-metric authentication.
For more information, see this
Quick Start Guide from Cisco.