Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
Windows - Switching out of S Mode in Windows 10
1. To check if your PC is running in S mode, navigate to your device settings.
2. Select "System."
3. Select "About" on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. You will see there that your PC is in "S mode."
5. Navigate back to your device settings
6. Select "Update & Security."
7. In Update & Security:
1. Select "Activation" on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Check the Edition says "Windows 10 Home in S Mode."
3. Select "Go to the Store."
8. On the page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you confirm this action, you'll be able to install apps from outside the Microsoft Store.