Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts > Email
Outlook - Adding Class Schedule to Outlook Calendar
Information Technology has created a process to facilitate importing your class schedule into your Outlook calendar. Toward the beginning of the semester, you will receive an email with .ics files for your classes that will be used to add said classes to your calendar.
- Be sure to click each .ics file. You will receive one message with multiple attachments or, if more than 10 attachments are necessary, multiple emails.
- You will only receive this email once in a semester. If you have a change in your schedule (e.g. a class is added or dropped), you will need to update your calendar manually. The messages cannot be resent and the process can only be run once a semester.
- Any new instructor that starts after the messages have been sent will not receive an email; they will need to load their classes manually.
- You can remove the recurring appointments on your calendar at any time. Right-click the occurrence on your calendar, choose Delete, and then choose to delete that occurrence or the entire series. You may use the original email to reinstate your courses at any time.
- Partial weeks will not load for a recurrence; if your class starts on Wednesday but you do not see it for the first week, be sure to check the next full week.
- This process cannot be re-run; if a class was missed, you will need to add it manually.