Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Voice Calls
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Departmental Support > Phone
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Communication > Jabber
Jabber - Setup for Windows 10
This document details the setup and use of Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.
1. To install Jabber on your device, navigate to this KB and follow the directions to install it from the Software Center: Software Center.
1. Locate the Cisco Jabber shortcut on your desktop to open the application. At the following screen, add your UWGB login credentials and select "Sign in."
2. Jabber defaults to placing calls from your office phone, so, in order to place calls from your computer, you must change the device for calls to your computer.
1. Select the Call Settings icon in the lower right-hand corner of the calls list
2. Select "Use my computer."
There are multiple buttons along the left side of the window. In this instance we’re looking at the “Calls” section. From here you can enter a number in the search or call text box at the top of the window and press ENTER to dial. You can dial as if you were using your Cisco phone in the office, including 4-digit extensions.