Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Video Conferencing
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Online Chat
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support > Collaboration
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Communication > Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams - User Guide
The following is a general guide to the features available to you through Teams.
To start a chat
1. Enter your full UWGB email address into the field.
2. Validate with Duo.
To start a one-on-one chat:
Once you've selected (at the top of your chat list) and entered the person’s name, compose your message in the box at the bottom of the chat.
To open your , select beneath the box where you type your message.
When you're ready, select Send . This starts the chat.
To start and name a group chat:
Start one the same way you start a one-on-one chat: select at the top of your chat list. Select the down arrow to the far right of the field and type a name for the chat in the field. Then, type the names of the people you’d like to add in the field.
To start a meeting, do one of the following:
1. Select in a new conversation.
2. Select in an existing conversation to keep all that conversation’s context.
Then, in your video preview, enter a name for the meeting and select Meet now.
Select the names of the team members you want to invite to the meeting. You can also type a phone number for those outside your organization.
To join from your calendar:
1.Select on the left side of the app to see your meetings. Find the meeting you want, and then select .
2. Teams will open a page where you can preview your video and configure audio and video settings. When you are ready to enter the meeting, click the Join now button in the video preview window.
Note: If someone else starts the meeting, you'll get a notification you can use to join.
To join from a chat:
If the meeting has already begun, it appears in your recent chat list. Select the meeting in your chat list and then select Join at the top of the chat.
Microsoft Teams - Scheduling a Teams Meeting There are two ways to schedule a meeting within Teams: 1. Select in a chat (below the box where you type a new message) to book a meeting with the people in the chat. Go to on the left side of the app and select in the top right corner. Select a range of time in the calendar. A scheduling form will pop open.For more information on scheduling meetings, visit the following page:
There are multiple ways to access and manage notifications. To further customize your notification settings, select your profile picture at the top, right corner of Teams, then select > From there you can fine-tune what notifications you receive and where those notifications show up.
In on the left side of Teams, select on a notification. From the menu, you can mark a notification as read or unread. You can also turn on or off notifications for a specific channel if you want.
You have a couple of options when it comes to personalizing your notifications. Quickly, Teams gives you the options to:
- Receive notifications on your desktop and within the app for all activity
- Receive notifications only for specific mentions or replies
- A customized experience where you specifically choose when and with what information you get notified about
- Additionally, you can quickly edit specific notification heavy features of Teams like chats and meetings