Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support > Video Conferencing
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Communication > Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams - Joining a Teams Meeting With the Teams Desktop Application
This document details how to join a Microsoft Teams Meeting from within the Microsoft Teams desktop application.
Microsoft Teams - User Guide
Microsoft Teams - Joining a Teams Meeting on the Web
Microsoft Teams - Teams Meeting Controls
Microsoft Teams - Scheduling a Teams Meeting
Joining a Meeting
***NOTE: If you do not have the Microsoft Teams application installed on your computer and need to join a Teams meeting, you can join on the web using the Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome web browsers.***
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Teams application. If you cannot locate it on your desktop, you can find the application by searching for "Teams" in the Windows 10 search bar.
2. If prompted to log in, enter your UWGB email address and password in the login fields. Authenticate with Duo or SSN.
3. Once you are logged in to the Teams application:
1. Select the Calendar button in the left-hand navigation pane.
2. Within your calendar in the Teams application, find the meeting you want to join.
a. If the meeting is in progress or about to begin, you can select the Join button that appears within the meeting’s block on the calendar and skip ahead to Step 6.
b. If you do not see the Join button within the meeting’s block on the calendar, select the meeting to open its "Details" page.
5. Within the meeting’s "Details" page, select the "Join" option in the top-right of the Teams window.
6. After selecting "Join," Teams opens up a page where you can configure your audio and video settings and preview your video before joining the meeting. To enter the meeting, select "Join now" located inside of the video preview window. Before joining you may optionally configure the following settings:
1. Select the slider button in the bottom of the video preview to set whether you will enter the meeting with your camera on or off.
2. Select the slider button to the right of the video preview to set whether you will enter the meeting with your microphone on or off.
3. If the camera slider is turned on, the Background filters panel can be used to blur your background or replace it with an image.
4. The Settings icon in the bottom right of the video preview to open a Device settings panel where you can select the specific audio and video devices to use in the meeting.
***NOTE: The Phone audio feature is not supported with UWGB's Teams service and will be grayed out.***
7. Once you have entered the meeting, you can use buttons in the Meeting controls panel in the top-right of the meeting window to turn on/off your microphone and camera, share your screen, open the conversation (text chat), and access other meeting features.