Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Jabber - Setup for Mac
This document details the installation process for Cisco Jabber on a Mac.
1. Navigate to the Self Service app.
2. Search for "Jabber."
3. Select "Install."
1. Download the Cisco Jabber Mac installer from here.
***NOTE: If prompted, allow the download.***
2. Find the Cisco Jabber Mac package in Downloads and double-tap to start installing.
3. Select "Continue" on the Welcome to the Cisco Jabber Installer window.
4. Select "Continue" on the Software License Agreement window.
5. Select "Agree" on the popup window.
6. Select "Install."
7. Enter your Mac password.
***NOTE: You will need to be a local administrator.***
8. When it's finished installing, select "Close."
9. You may select "Move to Trash" for the installer when prompted.
10. Open the Applications folder in Finder and double -tap "Cisco Jabber."
11. Select "Allow" for the notifications prompt in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
1 Enter your UWGB email address.
2. Select "Continue."
1. Enter your UWGB password.
2. Select "Sign In."
14. Select "OK" to the Access Required popup window.
15. Select "Open System Preferences" on the Screen Recording popup window.
16. In System Preferences window, check the box for Cisco Jabber.
***NOTE: If you already had another page open in System Preferences, then you will need to go back to the categories, select "Security & Privacy," then select the Privacy tab, then select "Screen Recording" in the left list and check the box for Cisco Jabber on the right.***
17. Select "Quit Now" in the popup window.
18. Open the Cisco Jabber application again.
19. Select the Jabber menu and select "Preferences."
20. On the General tab, you may want to check the box to "Start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts."
21. Select the "Audio/Video" icon at the top of the Preferences window.
22. Select "OK" on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your microphone window.
23. Select the "Video" tab at the top.
***NOTE: If you plan to use a headset or something other than the built-in microphone or speakers, you can change them on this Audio tab.***
24. Select "OK" on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your camera window.
25. Select the red circle to close the Preferences window.
1. Select the computer and phone icon at the bottom of the contacts list.
2. Change Device for Calls to "Computer."