Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Jabber - Cisco Jabber Setup for Mac
This article covers the installation process for Cisco Jabber on a Mac.
1. Download the Cisco Jabber Mac installer from here.
Note: If prompted, allow the download.
2. Find the Cisco Jabber Mac package in Downloads and double click to start installing.
3. Click Continue on the Welcome to the Cisco Jabber Installer window.
4. Click Continue on the Software License Agreement window.
5. Click Agree on the popup window.
6. Click Install.
7. Enter your Mac password. You will need to be a local administrator.
8. When it's finished installing, click Close.
9. You may click Move to Trash for the installer when prompted.
10. Open Applications folder in Finder and double click on Cisco Jabber.
11. Click Allow for the notifications prompt in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
12. Enter your UWGB email address and click Continue.
13. Enter your UWGB password and click Sign In.
14. Click OK to the Access Required popup window.
15. Click Open System Preferences on the Screen Recording popup window.
16. In System Preferences window, check the box for Cisco Jabber. Note: If you already had another page open in System Preferences, then you will need to go back to the categories, select Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab, then click on Screen Recording in the left list and check the box for Cisco Jabber on the right.
17. Click Quit Now in the popup window.
18. Open Cisco Jabber application again.
19. Click on the Jabber menu and select Preferences.
20. On the General tab, you may want to check the box to Start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts.
21. Click on the Audio/Video icon at the top of the Preferences window.
22. Click OK on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your microphone window.
23. Click on the Video tab at the top.
Note: If you plan to use a headset or something other than the built-in microphone or speakers, you can change them on this Audio tab.
24. Click OK on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your camera window.
25. Click the red circle to close the Preferences window
26. Click the computer and phone icon at the bottom of the contacts list.
27. Change Device for Calls to Computer.