This document will cover how to set up your UWGB ArcGIS StoryMaps account for the first time. Signing into StoryMaps will also allow you to access other ArcGIS Online resources, should you want to. Free accounts do not have access to other ArcGIS Online resources. Setting up UWGB accounts is a manual process for our campus, so if you need access your instructor will need to work with the UWGB Help Desk in advance. You will receive an email with your UWGB ArcGIS account if a request has been put in.
StoryMaps is not set up for campus credentials. What this means is that you do not sign in with your campus username and password like you would for email or Canvas or SIS. You will receive an email that contains your ArcGIS Online username and temporary password. Once you have those, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to https://storymaps.arcgis.com/ to sign in.
- Click on Sign In.
- If your screen does not look like this, click on the circled arrow expand the organization’s URL text-entry box.
- In the organization’s URL box, enter the following: uwgb
We recommend you also check the box to Remember this URL.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the ArcGIS Online username and password you received via email (these are not the same values as your UWGB student account you use for email, Canvas, SIS, etc.) and click Sign In.
- Once logged in, change your password, and set up your security question and answer if prompted.
You’re now signed into StoryMaps. You can click on Start a Story to immediately begin working on a StoryMap. For a general overview of StoryMaps, see this StoryMap!