Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas (Continuing Education) - Login and Password Resets for Community Members without UWGB Network Accounts
The Canvas login and password reset procedures for users with UW Continuing Education Student Canvas accounts differ from those used by users with UWGB Employee/Faculty/Student accounts. UWGB employees, faculty, and students with @uwgb.edu email addresses should instead reference Canvas - How to Sign In
Canvas Login Instructions for Community Members
Community members accessing courses offered in the UW System Continuing Education instance of Canvas should log in at https://uws-ce.instructure.com/login/canvas
A UW System Continuing Education user's Canvas "Login" (username) is the full email address with which they registered for their Canvas account. Users set their own passwords during registration. After entering your Login and Password, select the Log In button to sign in.
Unauthenticated users who attempt to access a continuing education Canvas course via a direct link will see a page where they are asked to select their login type. Community members should select the UW Continuing Education Student option.
Password Resets for Community Members
Users with UW Continuing Education Student Canvas accounts can reset their passwords by performing the following procedure:
- Navigate to the UW System Continuing Education Canvas Login Page at https://uws-ce.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- Click the Forgot Password? link on the login page.
- Enter the email address used to register for Canvas in the "Login" field of the request password form.
- Click the Request Password button.
- Check your email for a message from "University of Wisconsin Canvas" (firstname.lastname@example.org). A password reset email may take up to 5 minutes to arrive in your email inbox. Users should also check their spam/junk folders for the message.
- Open the email and click the Click here to set a new password link. (Note: emailed password reset links expire after 2 hours).
- Type in a new password and then confirm that password by typing it again, then click the Update Password button.
A password reset guide with additional screenshots can be found on this Canvas Student Guide page:
If the password reset procedure fails, please check the following:
Have you typed your email address correctly?
Are you accessing the correct Canvas login URL? Use https://uws-ce.instructure.com/login/canvas
Did you register with an email address sponsored by your employer? If your email address is part of an enterprise IT system that blocks emails from mass senders, you may not be able to receive the password reset email. Contact your employer's IT department for assistance in allowing emails from email@example.com .
Are you unsure which email address was used to register for your Canvas account? Please contact the program which is offering the course (e.g. BHTP, CECE, etc.) for further assistance.