Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Multi-Factor Authentication
Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication - Setting up Microsoft Authenticator with Phone
This document details for students how to set up Microsoft's Multi-factor Authenticator (MFA) with your phone.
Microsoft SSPR - Authentication Methods
1. Navigate to the following link: Microsoft Authenticator Management.
2. Sign in using your UWGB credentials.
3. If you are not currently enrolled, you will be greeted with the following screen. Select "Next."
4. By default, Microsoft will suggest for you to use the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you do not wish to use the app, you can select "I want to set up a different method."
5. Choose the method you would like to use.
***NOTE: If you choose the phone option, you will need to be in an area that had cellular service or close to your home phone to authenticate.
6. On the next screen:
1. Enter the phone that you would like tied to your account.
2. Select one of the options "Text me a code" or "Call me."
3. Select "Next."
7. When you are done authenticating your phone, you may select the "Done" button to be brought to your security page.
***NOTE: We recommend adding more than one authentication option in the event of your first option is not available.***
1. Wait for the text to be sent to your phone:
1. Enter the six digit code.
2. Select "Next."
1. Answer the phone call and push the # key to continue.