Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas (Instructors) - Adding a New Page to a Module
This article provides step-by-step instructions for adding a page to a module in a Canvas course. Pages in Canvas are an effective tool for conveying information and sharing resources with students. Adding pages to modules helps to present that information within the context of a week or unit of your course.
Perform the following steps to add a new page to a module in your Canvas course:
- Navigate to the Home page or Modules page of your Canvas course.
- On the header of the module to which you want to add the page, click the Add item icon (plus sign).
- In the "Add [Item Type] to" drop-down menu, select Page.
- At the top page selection field, select [ Create Page ].
- In the "Page Name" field, enter a name for your new page.
- (Optional) If you wish the page to appear indented within the module, in the "Indentation" drop-down menu, select an indentation level.
- Click the Add Item button.
- A new blank page is created and added to the bottom of the module. Click on the name of the page in the module to open it.
- At the top of the page, click the Edit button to begin editing the page.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to add text, links, images, and media. Please see the Rich Content Editor pages on the Canvas Instructor Guide for more information.
- When you are finished adding content to the page, click the Save button to save your changes, or click the Save & Publish button to both save your changes and publish the page so students can see it.