Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
ArcGIS - Installation on a Personal Computer
This document details how to install ArcGIS Pro on a personal computer.
***NOTE: This is available to any student who is taking a class that uses ArcGIS Pro.***
***NOTE: Students will need to use the ArcGIS Pro account that their instructor sets up for them.***
1. Navigate to ArcGIS Online: https://uwgb.maps.arcgis.com/
2. Log in to ArcGIS using the information set up by the instructor.
3. Once logged in:
1. Select your customer name/icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select "My settings."
1. Select the "Licenses" tab.
2. Scroll down, and select "ArcGIS Pro."
5. Download and install the software.
***NOTE: You will be able to download an English version of the most current version of the software. You can only change the language you download, not the version.***
1. Navigation to where you downloaded ArcGIS Pro, and then double-click the .exe. file to start the installation process.
2. Accept the destination folder to which files are extracted, or select "Browse" to browse to a different folder.
***NOTE: The default destination folder is <System Drive>\Users\<username>\Documents\ArcGIS Pro <version>***
3. Select "Next."
***NOTE: A message will inform you when the files have been successfully extracted. The "Launch the setup program" checkbox is checked by default.***
***NOTE: If you want to install the software later, uncheck the "Launch the setup program" check box. When you're ready to install, browse to the destination folder and double click on "ArcGISPro.msi."***
4. Select "Close."
5. In the Welcome to the ArcGIS Setup Program window, select "Next."
6. Review the license agreement and choose an option:
1. If you agree to the terms, select the option to accept the agreement and select "Next."
2. If you do not agree to the terms, select "Cancel" to exit the installation process.
7. Select an installation context option:
1. Select "Anyone who uses this computer" for a per-machine installation.
2. Select "Only for me" for a per-user installation.
***NOTE: You must have administrative privileges to make a per-machine installation.***
8. Select "Next."
9. Select whether or not to install ArcGIS Pro Intelligence or both. By default, ArcGIS Pro is installed and ArcGIS Intelligence is not installed.
10. Accept the default location of <System Drive>\Program files\arcGIS\Pro\ or select "Change" to specify a different folder.
***NOTE: If you choose a non-default location, it is recommended that the path include a folder and not be the root location of a drive. The modified path does not append \ArcGIS\Pro\ by default.***
11. Select "Next."
***NOTE: The option to participate in the Esri User Experience Improvement is checked by default. Uncheck the box if you don't want to participate. (You can change your participation status after ArcGIS Pro is installed.***
12. Select "Install."
***NOTE: When the installation is completed, the option to Run ArcGIs Pro now is checked by default. Uncheck the box if you want to start the application immediately.***
13. Select "Finish."
14. Follow the same process to install optional components you have downloaded, such as the offline help system. The offline help system can be installed for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro Intelligence, or both.
***NOTE: You need an authorized license to use ArcGIS Pro. By default you can start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User License. However, your organization uses a different license type, you may need to start ArcGIS Pro with a concurrent Use License or a License or a Single Use License.***