Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Honorlock User Guide
This document details how to use Honorlock for proctoring exams.
Honorlock - Using Honorlock with Canvas
Honorlock will proctor your exams this semester. Honorlock is an online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. You DO NOT need to create an account or schedule an appointment in advance. Honorlock is available 24/7, and all that is required is a computer, a working webcam/microphone, your school or a government-issued ID, a stable internet connection, and Google Chrome’s Honorlock Chrome Extension.
Before you can take a proctored exam you will need Google Chrome and you will need to download the Honorlock Chrome Extension.
Several of the tests or exams for this class will use Honorlock. When a test or exam uses Honorlock, log into Canvas, go to your course, and click on the exam. Selecting "Launch Proctoring" will begin the Honorlock authentication process, where you will take a picture of yourself, show your ID, and complete a scan of your room. Honorlock will be recording your exam session through your webcam and microphone. During your exam, Honorlock will also record your screen. Honorlock also has an integrity algorithm that can detect search-engine use, so please do not attempt to search for answers, even if it's on a secondary device.
We’ll have a practice “exam” that will take you through the process from selecting “Launch Proctoring” to completing the authentication process and experiencing the proctoring tool.
Honorlock support is available 24/7/365. If you encounter any issues, you may contact them through live chat on the support page or within the exam itself. Some guides you should review are Honorlock Minimum System Requirements, Student FAQ, Honorlock Knowledge Base, and How to Use Honorlock Video.
The Honorlock integration will be added to your course. Here is the Honorlock user guide for Canvas instructors:
Honorlock - Using Honorlock with Canvas
Because UWGB is charged for each student attempt of an Honorlock enabled quiz, we ask that you reserve it for high-stakes summative assessments only. Please note that Honorlock only works with "classic" quizzes in Canvas (as opposed to "New Quizzes").
***NOTE: Instructors using Honorlock to proctor exams in their course are required to add a notice to their Syllabus to inform students of the practice and technology requirements.***
We strongly recommend creating a practice quiz with Honorlock making it a required assignment for your students before they need to take the first Honorlock-enabled exam. This gives students a chance to check their system and walk through the proctoring steps before facing the stress of the real exam. Here's the guide on creating an Honorlock practice exam, which will appear as a practice quiz in your Canvas course: https://honorlock.kb.help/create-a-practice-exam-in-canvas/. Honorlock does not save the proctoring data from a practice exam nor charge UWGB for student attempts of a practice exam.
If you need help using Honorlock, please contact the vendor's support services:
- PHONE (FACULTY ONLY): +1 (844) 243-2500
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIVE CHAT: https://honorlock.com/support/ or click the chat bubble while you have Honorlock open in your Canvas course.
Please make sure your students know that if they have trouble with Honorlock while taking an exam that they should immediately start a live chat with Honorlock support through the help link and/or chat bubble icon available to them within the Canvas quiz or at https://honorlock.com/support/. Be clear that they are responsible for resolving technical issues with Honorlock's support team and that you are not tech support. It may be worth mentioning to students that when Honorlock is working properly, students will not be prompted to enter an access code to start the quiz. If a student sees a prompt to enter an access code in Canvas, something on their computer is interfering with Honorlock, and they should reach out to Honorlock support for live troubleshooting assistance.
Here's a collection of top tips that Honorlock sent us which may help guide your use:
1. Honorlock Support: Our support team is available 24/7/365 via our live chat service. Encourage your students to contact us directly, via the Honorlock LTI within your respective LMS, if technical assistance is required. Students and faculty can also submit an email to email@example.com, while faculty can still call our support team at (844) 243-2500.
2. Student Toolbar: During assessments, exam takers now have quick access to mid-exam tools via the student toolbar, located at the bottom of the testing window.
3. Access Codes: Honorlock automatically generates an access code, for each exam, once it has been enabled for proctoring.
***NOTE: Faculty should not delete, alter, or provide the access code to students at any point.***
4. Minimum System Requirements: Have your students run a system check from our support page to ensure that their device meets our MSRs. Additionally, both Windows and Mac will be releasing new operating systems this fall. With that said, please be on the lookout for follow up communication from us on support for these new operating systems in the coming weeks.
5. No Scheduling Required: Students do not need to schedule their assessment with Honorlock. The assessment will be available to them for the time period you established within the LMS itself.
6. Google Chrome: Exam takers must use Google Chrome to take their assessments. They can download it HERE if they don’t have it installed already.
7. Practice Exams: Faculty should enable and administer practice exams so that students are well acclimated with Honorlock prior to taking their higher-stakes exams.
8. Student Privacy: We take student privacy very seriously. To assist with those who are new to remote proctoring, we have made several resources available to assist with your students’ frequently asked questions.
If you have any further questions or trouble, contact the GBIT Service Desk over the phone at (920)-465-2309 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the desk in IS 1150.