Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Printing
PaperCut - Printing from Personal Windows Computer
This document details how students can print on their Windows personal computer. We use a software called Papercut Mobility Print to allow students to install the print queues for campus.
***NOTE: You must be on campus in order to print and to have printing jobs be submitted to release station queues.***
***NOTE: You must be connected to the eduroam Wi-Fi to print.***
***NOTE: If you are trying to print from a student loaner laptop you must be connected to the GlobalProtect VPN.***
***NOTE: When you send a printing job to a release station queue, the job remain in the queue for 24 hours.***
1. To begin, be sure that you are connected to the eduroam Wi-Fi. In order to print on campus using Mobility Print, you need to be connected to the network.
2. To install Mobility Print, navigate to http://print.uwgb.edu:9163/setup and install the printers you want to use.
3. When you go to run this application and it asks "Do you allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" select "Yes."
4. Select "I accept the agreement" when the User License Agreement window pops up. Then, select "Next."
5. Select the printer you want to print from, then select "Next."
6. Enter your UW-Green Bay username and password, then select "Next."
7. Select "Finish" to complete the setup for PaperCut Mobility Print.
8. To print, open the content that you're looking to print.
9. Right-click or select the Print icon, option, or tab for whatever it is you want to print.
10. Select the printer you wish to print to.
11. Select the print settings. This is where you can choose to print in black-and-white or color, how many copies, etc.
12. When you select "Print" your job will be sent to a print queue at a Release Station. To print from a release station, refer to the Release Station KB.