Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas (Students) - Getting Started with the Canvas Student App for iOS or Android
This document details how to download the Canvas Student app and use it to sign into UW-Green Bay's Canvas environment. This document also contains links to the official guides on navigating the Canvas Student app.
The Canvas Student app by Instructure is compatible with the following mobile operating systems:
- iOS 15.0 or later
- Android 8.0 or later
Installing the Canvas Student App
The Canvas Student app can be downloaded through the Play Store on Android, or the App Store on iOS devices. You can find it by searching the store for "Canvas Student":
- How do I download the Canvas Student app on my iOS device?
- How do I download the Canvas Student app on my Android device?
Follow these steps to sign in to UW-Green Bay's Canvas environment on the Canvas Student app:
- Open the Canvas Student app.
- Once you have opened the app, you will be presented with a page to search for your school. Select Find my school.
- Search for and then select "University of Wisconsin-Green Bay".This will take you to the UW System login portal.
- Select UW-Green Bay as your "organization," then select Go.
- Enter your UWGB email address and password, then select the Sign in button.
- If prompted, complete your multi-factor authentication step.
- After signing in, you will be presented with your list of courses on the app's Dashboard.
Navigating the App
The Canvas app will allow you to access most of the features in your Canvas courses, but navigation on a mobile device is a little different compared to navigation on a computer. Use the following video and links to text guides to learn more about navigating in Canvas on your mobile device:
Text Guides on Navigating the App
- How do I use the Student app on my iOS device? (Canvas Student iOS Guide)
- How do I use the Student app on my Android device? (Canvas Student Android Guide)
Full App Guides
Full user guides for the Canvas Student apps for iOS and Android can be found on the Instructure Community website: