Beyond Trust - Connecting as a Customer (Mac)
This document details how to connect as a customer with a Mac to the IT Service Desk Beyond Trust support tool.
Connecting as with a Non UW-Green Bay Mac
1. Navigating to https://remotesupport.uwgb.edu/
2. Select the name of the representative you are talking to, or enter the support key that the Service Desk provided you.
3. The download will start and you will be brought to this screen. Wait for the download to complete.
4. Once the download is finished, open Finder and navigate to Downloads. Find the Open to Start Support Session.zip and double-click.
5. When you double-click it will move an application called Open to Start Support Session to your Downloads. Double-click on the new application.
6. Wait a few moments for the session to connect and for the Service Desk to accept the support session.
7. Once it the representative accepts the session you will be prompted with a “Action Required” screen. You will need to grant access to all 3 features.
8. Select "Grant Access…" under Screen Recording. It will open System Settings and you will need to toggle the switch to turn on the access. You will be prompted to enter your account name and password to allow this.
9. You will then see a screen popup saying you need to Quit and Reopen “Remote Support Customer Client”, hold off on doing this until we grant access for all 3 features. Select "Later."
10. Select "Grant Access…" under Accessibility. It will open System Settings and you will need to toggle the switch to turn on the access.
11. Select "Grant Access…" under Full Disk Access.
12. You will then see a screen popup saying you need to Quit and Reopen “Remote Support Customer Client”, select "Quit & Reopen." This will disconnect the representative from the screen for a few seconds.
13. After the session is over, when either you or the representative ends the session, you will be taken to a website to fill out a survey. At this point the IT Service Desk will no longer have access to your computer and the app will uninstall. You will need to do a restart to remove all items from Beyond Trust.