Preferred Name Change

This document details the process for a preferred name change.

***NOTE: This process is available to only staff and faculty. It will not work for students.***

1. Sign into MyUW.

2. Launch the Personal Information app.

Screenshot of Personal Information App

3. Select "Name," then your current name.

Screenshot of name

4. The option to select a preferred name is the fourth tab from the bottom. If you edit that slot and select "Save" it will update in all locations.

5. Then reach out to HR for them to switch your display name to your preferred name. 

***NOTE: It may take one or two full days for the preferred name change to update everywhere.***

Keywordsname change, staff, faculty   Doc ID131736
OwnerJosephine H.GroupUW Green Bay
Created2023-09-27 16:10:14Updated2023-10-06 15:28:54
SitesUW Green Bay
Feedback  0   0