Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Shared Drives
Mac - Connecting to Network Shares
This document explains how to map network drives in macOS.
University Mac on/off Campus:
- Open Finder
- Click on Go menu in upper left of screen, then select Connect To Server
- Enter in the share in this format smb://servername/share (example: smb://fpsa/compserv$)
- Optional: Click the + button to add the share to your favorite servers.
- Click Connect
To automatically connect to a share when you log into a particular Mac:
- First connect to a network share
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Open Users & Groups
- Click the Login Items button
- Click and drag the network share icon from your desktop to the Login Items window
We recommend that people use OneDrive either through the web browser or using the OneDrive sync app from the App Store. If you're a faculty or staff using SafeConnect VPN, you can follow the instructions above for a University Mac on Campus.