Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Mac - Connecting to Network Shares
This document details how to map network drives and how to automatically connect a share when you log in on MacOS.
1. Open Finder
2. Select the Go menu in the upper left menu on the homescreen
3. Select Connect To Server
4. Enter the share in this format smb://servername.uwgb.edu/share (example: smb://fpsa.uwgb.edu/compserv$)
5. Optional: Select the + button to add the share to your favorite servers.
6. Select Connect
1. First connect to a network share as described in the section above: Connecting to a Network Share
2. Open System Preferences from the Apple menu
3. Open Users & Groups
4. Select the Login Items button
5. Click and drag the network share icon from your desktop to the Login Items window
For a Personal Mac:
We recommend that people use OneDrive either through the web browser or using the OneDrive sync app from the App Store. If you're a faculty or staff using SafeConnect VPN, you can follow the instructions above for a University Mac on Campus.