Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Printing
Printing - Adding a Network Printer to a Mac
1. Enter the "Command" key and the space bar to open Spotlight search.
2. Start entering "Self Service" until the application is displayed as an option. Select "Enter" or select it when it appears.
3. In the Self Service screen:
1. Select "Printers" in the left side bar.
2. Find the queue name of the printer(s) you want to install.
3. Select "Install."
4. Follow the prompts and wait for the printer to finish installing.
***NOTE: If you don't correctly add your job code for this type of printer, you will not be able to print. Some departments do not utilize job codes, but the majority do; if you are unsure, call the GBIT Service Desk at x2309 or ask a supervisor.***