Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Printing
Adding a network printer to a Macintosh workstation
This document covers the steps for installing a network printer on a Macintosh workstation
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Print & Fax
- Click on the + button
- Setup up using direct IP Printing by entering in IP address and Printer name to match the queue. Ensure the Print Using driver is correct and click add.
- Type in the model of printer. Generally just typing in laserjet or the model number will be sufficient. Always use a non-Gutenprint driver. If no driver is available, you will need cancel this process, go to the manufacturer's website, download/install it, and then follow these steps again.
- If your printer has additional features such as a duplex unit or multiple trays, you will need to click on Options & Supplies to configure them.
- Under the Driver tab you can select what features your printer has. Note, different model printers will have different options listed.
- Click OK and your printer is now configured.
- If this was a setup for Rioch / Lanier MFP, follow these steps for setting your job code: Setting job codes for a Ricoh / Lanier MFP on a Mac