Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Windows OS
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Password Reset
How to Change Your Password on a Windows 10 PC, Macbook, or Windows 10 Laptop (Faculty\Staff Only)
This document shows how to change your campus password on your Windows 10 PC, MacBook, or Windows 10 laptop.
We recommend that all users use the UWGB Password Reset Tool. The following steps should only be done as a second option.
How to change your password on a:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Click on "Change a Password"
- Create a new password that follows the requirements.
- First make sure you are connected to VPN. If you need assistance with VPN please access the VPN User Guide.
- Go to the UWGB Password Reset Tool and change your password.
- Once the password is changed, click Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- Click "Lock"
- Log in using the new password that you just created. This updates the password on the laptop so you are able to change your password without having to be connected to the internet through Ethernet on campus.
- Open up System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups (on older systems as "Accounts").
- Make sure your username is highlighted on the left and click Change Password.
- Enter your old password, followed by your new password twice and click Change Password.
- Your password has now been changed. You can close System Preferences.