Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Applications
Adobe version 10 will not open or opens to a blank grey screen
This will change a few settings in Adobe to allow Adobe to open documents faster and not be in protected mode on startup
If you come across an Adobe Issue, make the following change and see if reseting the adobe settings will fix the issue:
1. Go into the registry (regedit) to this key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe
2. Delete the Adobe folder
3. Launch Adobe Reader
4. Go to Edit-->Preferences
5. Go to General options on the left side.
6. Uncheck "Enable protected mode at startup"
7. Then go to the Internet tab on the left side
8. Change the Connection speed to LAN then press OK
9. Finally Close Reader and re-launch.
FYI: This is the full registry entry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\bProtectedMode = 0