Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk
UW-Green Bay Remote Lab
The UW-Green Bay Remote Lab service offers students access to a campus lab computer from any location on or off campus via an Internet connection. A pool of PCs can be logged into from either Windows or Macintosh clients any time of the day or night, giving students access to core & specialty lab software, their personal network drive (drive M), and course shares.
You may need to add https://remote.uwgb.edu to your Exception List in Java in order for Remote Lab to work. Please see the document below:
Notes for First Time Users
- Internet Explorer and Safari are supported. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge do not work.
- Java must be installed and enabled in your web browser. If needed, you can go to the Java website to download and install this free plugin. Since Java is required, Remote Lab will not work on most mobile devices.
- Dial-up modem connections are not recommended or supported.
- If a remote lab connection is idle for 30 minutes, it will be automatically logged off.
- Maximum connection time is three hours. After three hours you will be warned and then logged off. You may log back in if a machine is available.
Problems: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Operating System and Version (OS 10.9, Windows 7, etc.)
- Browsers used
- Java Version
- Problem description -- please be as specific as possible