Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Wi-Fi > Eduroam
Wireless Configuration for Android
This article explain how to set up your Android device to use the eduroam network.
Due to variations in Android devices, not every Android-based device will work in the same way. Therefore, IT cannot guarantee every device can be made to work. If you have problems connecting, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or (920) 465-2309.
Android 6 and up
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: none
- Anonymous Identity:
- Identity: Campus email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Campus password
Please note that Android 4.1 and 4.2 have known compatibility issues with 802.1x networks, which is what
x and 5 .
- Open Settings.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is set to on, and tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the
: Any certificates should be set as unspecified or none. EAP method is PEAP. Phase 2 authentication is None. Identity is your campus email address. Anonymous identity should be left blank. Enter your campus password. Tap Connect. connection settings
- It will then go back to the screen showing available wireless networks. It should say Connected right below
after a few seconds. eduroam