Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Printing
Topics Map > Library > Technology
Passprint U-Print-It (Pharos) Info
This document describes the U-Print-It passprint system
The Pharos U-Print-It system is a print management system installed in UW - Green Bay student computer labs. After printing a document from any lab workstation, the student is prompted to enter a Job ID (username) and password for their printout. The student must then go to a Print Release station to print their document using their University ID. In the IS General Access lab, there are four HP LaserJet 4000 black & white laser print stations, a Tektronix Phaser 850 color solid ink print station, and a Xerox Phaser 7700DN tabloid color printer.
Students receive a credit of $7.00 for printing on their University ID for the academic year. This is paid for by the student technology fee. Black and white laser printing costs $.07 per page, color laser printing costs $.30 per page, and tabloid color printing costs $.60 per page. These charges are deducted from the student’s Pharos Passprint U-Print-It account when they print. Students can add money for printing to their PassPoints at value transfer stations or at any cash register that can handle University ID transactions.
Visitors wishing to print must purchase a guest card at Value Transfer Stations available in the IS General Access Lab and the third floor of the Library.
Alternatives to Pharos U-Print-It
Students may save their documents to a disk, CD, or flash drive, or email the documents to an e-mail account, and print them at home. You may also transfer your files from network volumes to your home machine via WebDAV. Check with a General Access lab consultant or a reference librarian for help.
To print to the Pharos Passprint U-Print-It station:
- Choose the print command in the program you are using.
- Wait for the print dialog box to appear.
- Select the appropriate printer, the number of copies, and the pages you wish to print. Click OK.
- Enter a username. Click Next.
- Enter a password for that print job. (Be sure to remember the password.) Click OK.
- The print job is sent to Pharos Passprint U-Print-It and will be held in the queue for 3 hours.
- Go to the closest Pharos Passprint U-Print-It station to retrieve your output.
To retrieve a job at the Pharos Passprint U-Print-It station:
- Swipe your University ID card (swipe bar facing you) through the card reader on the workstation.
- The system will search for your account, show your available balance, and display the list of print jobs in the queue.
- Select your job from the list to highlight it.
- Click the Print button.
- Enter the password for that print job. Click OK.
- Your output will be printed.
You are responsible for ensuring your print requests are accurate. Under no conditions will you be eligible for a cash refund. If you have a print error due to equipment, see a lab consultant (IS General Access lab), a circulation desk attendant (Library), or a lab instructor (other remote labs) to obtain a reprint.