Topics Map > Instructional Technology
Electronic Grading Options
This document discusses Electronic Grading Options
Desire2Learn (D2L) Gradebook
The Desire2Learn course management system provides an electronic gradebook for faculty at UWGB.
Available features include:
- Tie D2L quizzes, discussions, and dropboxes to grade items for easy entry
- Ability to drop the lowest grade in a category
- Cumulative totals, percentage weights, point-based weights
- Letter grade schemes (automatically make 94% an A, for example)
- Import/export capabilities including scanned test results and Excel calculated items
- Controlled, online release to students through the student D2L interface
More information about the D2L gradebook is available by contacting ATS at email@example.com, or by viewing the related pages listed below.
Excel offers greater calculation options than D2L. Many instructors choose to record grades or create very customized grading schemes in Excel.
For large classes, it is possible to import and post grades to D2L from Excel.
ATS offers a test scoring and analysis service to instructors at UW-Green Bay.
If an instructor designs a multiple answer test (multiple choice and true/false), a scanner sheet can be used for the student’s responses, which can then be read and scored.
The instructor can request that an electronic file be created so that scores can be imported into the D2L gradebook.
For more information about exam scanning or importing scanned test results, contact ATS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exporting Final Grades from D2L into SIS
- Releasing Final Grades to Students in D2L
- Importing Scantron results into a D2L Grade book
- Hiding Grade Items from Students in D2L
- Tie Dropbox to Grade Item (D2L)
- The D2L Gradebook
- Grading and Assessing Discussions in D2L Version 10.3
- Making a Default Grade Scheme for All Items in a D2L Grade Book
- Grading a Quiz in D2L