Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
Remote Desktop for Faculty and Staff
The Remote Desktop service offers faculty and staff access to their campus Windows computer from any location on or off campus via an Internet connection. Your campus PC can be awakened and logged into from any Windows or Macintosh computers at any time, giving you access to software installed on your PC, your personal network share (M Drive), department shares, and office printers.
Firefox Loading Slowly
Firefox has been taking up to five minutes to load the login page. It should still come up, but you may want to use a different browser instead, such as Internet Explorer or Safari.
Requirements for Computer You are Remoting From
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari (Google Chrome is not supported)
- Latest version of Java (mobile devices are not supported)
- Broadband Internet Connection (1 Mbps or higher)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better is recommended
Notes for First Time Users
- For faculty and staff, the Help Desk must configure your remote desktop settings before you can use it. We will need to know your office computer's GB number. These settings will need to be updated whenever your computer is replaced with a different one. We will update the settings during Summer Rollout if you indicate that you use remote desktop on the Green Sheet provided from CIT prior to Rollout.
- Only one person can be logged into a computer at a time, whether it's remotely or locally. If other people use your computer, you will need to talk with them to determine when it is okay to remote into the computer.
If you have any problems connecting: Please call (920-465-2309) or email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Operating System and Version (i.e. Windows 7)
- Browsers and their Version (i.e. Internet Explorer 10)
- Java Version (i.e. Java 7 update 45)
- Problem Description - include any error messages encountered