Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
Remote Desktop for Faculty and Staff
The Remote Desktop service offers faculty and staff access to their campus Windows computer from any location on or off campus via an Internet connection. Your campus PC can be awakened and logged into from any Windows or Macintosh computers at any time, giving you access to software installed on your PC, your personal network share (M Drive), department shares, and office printers.
Requirements for Computer You are Remoting From
- The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are supported. The Edge browser on Windows 10 will not work.
- Latest version of Java (most mobile devices are not supported because they cannot install Java)
- Broadband Internet Connection (1 Mbps or higher)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better is recommended
Notes for First Time Users
- For faculty and staff, the Help Desk must configure your remote desktop settings before you can use it. We will need to know your office computer's GB number. These settings will need to be updated whenever your computer is replaced with a different one. We will update the settings during Summer Rollout if you indicate that you use remote desktop on the Green Sheet provided from CIT prior to Rollout.
- Only one person can be logged into a computer at a time, whether it's remotely or locally. If other people use your computer, you will need to talk with them to determine when it is okay to remote into the computer.
If you have any problems connecting: Please call (920-465-2309) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Operating System and Version (i.e. Windows 10)
- Browsers and their Version (i.e. Internet Explorer 11)
- Java Version (i.e. Java 8 update 51)
- Problem Description - include any error messages encountered