Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Accounts
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Network / File Shares
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista - remote file access to network shares via WebDAV
This document covers how to configure WebDAV for remote file access on a Windows 8, 7 or Vista PC.
2. Select "Map network drive" from the Explorer window. In Windows 8 the screen is a bit different (see second image). You will need to click on the computer tab in the explorer window in Windows 8 to get the same options. In Windows 10 will need to right click on your PC in the left hand column
4. Click on Next from the "Welcome to the Add Network Location Wizard" dialogue window.
5. Select "Choose a custom network location" and click on Next.
6. Enter a correct URL for the share to which you want to connect - the example below will connect to a staff share on FPSA. If you are connecting to a student drive it will be on FPSB.
- https://fpsb.uwgb.edu/your username EX: labejm03 (student personal share)
- https://fpsa.uwgb.edu/your username EX: labeotsj (staff personal share)
- https://fpsb.uwgb.edu/the course share name EX: coa331sec4 (course share)
- https://cms-1.uwgb.edu/sharename Ex: outreach (web share)
7. You are prompted to authenticate to the UWGB network. Please enter network username and password.
8. Name the location if you prefer something other than the name automatically created. (optional)
9. Click Finish at the "Completing the Add.." screen.
10. The mapped network share will open displaying all the files in the particular share.